Before Arrival



Are you ready to take the next step in your academic journey?

@SiG is here to help you navigate the complex process of applying to universities.

Moreover, through our Bachelor’s and Master’s Finder platform, you can acquire all information about fees, applications, and additional information about each program.


Read More


Citizens of the European Union do not need a visa to study in Greece. However, a student visa is required for the non-EU citizens. In order to obtain your student visa, you first need an official acceptance letter from your chosen University in Greece, which must be an institution certified by the Greek Ministry of Education. Don’t forget to contact the Greek Embassy in your country, or consult the Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs website, for a detailed list of the documents required for a student visa and information about how to submit your application.

According to the existing legislation:

  • A third-country national entering on Greek territory must hold a passport or other travel document recognized by international conventions.
  • Such documents shall have a visa, if so required by applicable international conventions, Community law and national arrangements.
  • The visa shall be issued by the consular authority of the place of residence of the third-country national, having regard to reasons mainly relating to public policy and to the protection of national security and public health, and shall be distinguished into short-term residence (“Schengen” visa) and long-term residence (national visa).
  • National visas shall be issued on the basis of legislative arrangements hereof relating to the residence permit and their length shall be equivalent to that of the residence.
  • Third-country nationals not subject to visa may enter and remain on Greek territory for a period of up to three months overall or in part, within six months from the date of initial entry.
  • In exceptional circumstances, visas may be issued by passport control agencies on arrival of the third-country national to the point of entry, by decision of the Minister of Public Order.
  • A decision of the Minister of Foreign Affairs shall determine the conditions, documentation and procedure for the issuance of visas.

In order to better assist you, please be informed that “Study in Greece” has partnered with the exclusive External Service Provider of the Hellenic Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Global Visa Center World (GVCW), responsible to assist the Greek Consular Authorities abroad to issue a visa, be it tourist, business or student.

For the 18 countries and 80 cities around the world where GVCW is present and from where you can request for a student visa, please click here.

The application form for a VISA can be found in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. In addition, the necessary Medical Certificate required for issuing VISA can be found here .

You can find all the necessary codification of legislation regarding the entry, residence and social integration of third-country nationals on the Greek territory in the website pages of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs .

A list of countries requiring or not requiring a VISA can be found in the official link of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Note: During their stay in Greece, visitors with a visa must also have suitable insurance coverage for emergency medical or other needs.

The official Ministry of foreign Affairs link for VISA and other relative information is:

Schengen Agreement

Greece is a Member-State of the European Union and has ratified the Schengen Agreement. Citizens traveling inside the E.U. just need to display their police I.D. Card without the need of a passport. However, a passport is necessary for a number of other transactions, such as currency exchange, purchases, etc.

Visas are not required by citizens of Member-States of the Schengen Agreement. Greece follows the provisions of the Schengen Agreement, which abolished controls on common internal lands, at air and sea borders and allows Member-State citizens to travel around without a visa for a short stay period of up to three (3) months. However, airlines and other carriers require a valid passport and/or police I.D. Card or other form of official identification means.

Citizens of the majority of the countries that are not Member-States of the Schengen Agreement require a visa to enter Greece and the E.U. Visitors from these countries can obtain further information from the Hellenic Embassies or Consulates in their countries, or even from their travel agencies.

You can find a complete guide to the Greece national visa application here.

Read More


As an international student studying in Greece, finding a comfortable and convenient place to live is an important part of your experience. We offer a variety of options to meet your needs and budget.

You can find houses in prime locations throughout the university cities, making it easy for you to get to your classes and other activities. We offer a range of accommodation types, including shared apartments, private studios, and dormitory-style rooms.

All of the houses we provide are fully furnished and equipped with everything you need for a comfortable stay.

We understand that studying abroad can be a challenging and rewarding experience, and we are here to help you make the most of it. (Contact us to learn more)

Read More


If you are an international student in Greece, you must have health insurance during your studies.  

If you work part/full-time, you are entitled to free public health insurance from the Greek state, allowing you access to a public hospital and getting your prescription medications by paying a low contribution.